At 08:31 10.03.2004 +0000, you wrote:
Peter, I used MCI with MetaCard a long time ago and it worked; it allows
you to play from a position to another position, so it may be a good
approach for you. Scott Rossi has a reference at his site:

http://www.tactilemedia.com/info/MCI_Control_Info.html

Although this doesn't help on the Mac...

Ken Ray

Thanks for the link Ken. Do you have any simple MC/Rev coding examples of the use of this stuff? Also, do you know if the linked document is still reliable (for current Windows) given that it is dated 1991 and refers to OS/2 as well as Windows?!

I use mci to record and play audio (wave files) on Windows XP using MC. It still works perfectly in 2004. In MC you use "get mciSendString(....)" For instance:

put "open" && quote & orglyd & quote && "type waveaudio alias myAudio" into tstring
get mciSendString(tstring)

get mciSendString ("status myAudio length")

There are two stacks in the Developers area: mciSendString and mciMidi. These may put you on the right track.

Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Romansk Institutt tel: +47 55 58 21 27 Řisteins gt. 1 5007 Bergen http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html Norway