On Mar 15, 2004, at 11:28 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If anyone's interested, I need to hire someone to write an external for me
for a project I'm working on for an ISP. I basically need an external that I
can use in Revolution on the Mac that will permit me to:
1) Check and see if an email account is already present within Apple "Mail"
application.

Hi Rob,

While I know nothing about creating external, I made a silly stack to cover issue one of you problem. It took me 15 minutes. As I thought, Apple Mail Accounts are just folders inside ~/Library/Mail

so by checking against it you might know if an account is present or not. There's a simple rule for generating the folder name, it's the protocol used (iTools: or POP-) and the username of the account, like, my email is [EMAIL PROTECTED], my usernamet for the IMAP account is [EMAIL PROTECTED] (yes, tricky), so I must check for iTools:[EMAIL PROTECTED] folder inside Mail folder inside the library folder... the same goes for POP... it would be something like [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I made a simple stack and uploaded it to my server, you might catch it by going to http://public.soapdog.org and fetching mailcheck.rev.zip

I know that this does not solve your problem, but it's a start... You may use this as you wish for I'll not charge for a quick hack made in 15 minutes. But if you want to donate for the revHTTPd project (http://home.soapdog.org:8081/), you may send money to my PayPal account at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I don't know what happens if you just create a folder inside the Mail folder, if mail will read it and add it to it's accounts, but I can be hired to discover and break my mail.app while doing it. =)

Cheers
Andre

-- Andre Alves Garzia - Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL http://studios.soapdog.org