Michael Reade wrote:

I've been a Filemaker developer for a few years, and am looking for a
development environment to connect to a backend (Openbase, MySQL, something
like that).

I started to pick up RealBasic, and then I heard of RunRev. I read an white
paper by Geoff Canyon, from September 2001, which was very informative, but
a bit old.

I appreciate it if anyone can direct me towards any recent literature, or
might want to forward any opinions, regarding RunRev x RealBasic, and RunRev
connecting to databases.

I'm not familiar with any newer comparisons betweeen RR and RB; with RB being such a lower-level language it seems there's little interest in such comparisons in either camp.

But if you're asking about using Rev with DBMSs, you've come to the right place. Folks here connect Rev to everything from Valentina to MySQL to Oracle, locally, LAN, and WAN.

What sort of info are you looking for?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation