On Aug 10, 2004, at 12:01 PM, Wouter wrote:

To simplify the question:
 if a socket is opened like in:

       open socket to "127.0.0.0:8080" with message "gotit"

with rev engine 2.6 and before, the cpu usage is slowly but steadily growing
(and faster if there are connections)
with rev engine 2.6.1 it jumps at once to about 85 % cpu usage

I ran a test with a similar open.

But to test it I used 'accept' and at that point my usage jumped to about 98% to 103% (of a possible 200% with two processors). The open did not add more usage that I could tell.

Then I closed the accept, leaving the connection open. It stayed up near 100%. When I close from the passive (server) end, Revolution usage drops to almost 0.

It looks like a bad thread is running when any socket is open. It might be polling.

This looks like bugzilla food to me.

I'm on OS X 10.3.4 with dual 1.25 GHz processors.

Oh, don't test using a default button. For me, that causes usage to jump up 27%.

Dar Scott