Bonjour Thierry

Hi all,

Is there a trick to be able to find the current position in a line within a
text in an editable field when we click on a space ?

i've tried all the **click() functions and properties, but could not
get the information.

i've wrote a little handler which calculated the position ( column number )
by using clickH() and a quick ratio with the size of the police... it works
but only for non-proportionnal fonts.

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Let me see if i understand you correctly...

You want to know wheere the cursor is blinking in a field that has NO
text selected?

In that case you could try "the selectedchunk"!

When text is selected in a field it will return something like:

char x to y of fld z

When NO text is selected (we clicked somewhere in the field) it will return the same, but this time: y = x - 1

So we can know exactly where the cursor blinks...

put the selectedchunk into hereweare
if word 4 of hereweare > word 3 of hereweare then
   ## no selection, just a blinking cursor...
end if

Hope this helped...(?)

Regards, thierry

Regards