On Saturday, December 18, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

Variants of that seem to be the most commonly-used method, but the counter-argument that's been raised here is that there's no way to differentiate between a transaction that fails because of the lack of a connection and one caused by an error from the server -- is there?

--
 Richard Gaskin

I check for error also:

  if theStatus contains "error" then
    --  answer "...oops! Something didn't work" -- for testing
    unload URL xAdv
    exit myProgressX
  end if
  if theStatus contains "timeout" then
    unload URL xAdv
    exit myProgressX
  end if

if the status contains "downloaded" then I exit the progress
handler before it can throw an error:

    set the thumbPosition of scrollbar "prog1"  to 0
    unload URL xAdv
    exit myProgressX

This prevents me from dealing with the occasional error message that sometimes gets through after a download. So if error then set a global condition until a download does test positive at a later testing.

Mark