Ken Ray skrev:

On 4/6/05 2:02 AM, "Signe Marie Sanne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

So now that I have that working, I want to make the file invisible.  Any
ideas why this standard snippet is failing:

   replace "/" with "\" in tPath -- this contains what "it" had before
   put "attrib"&& quote & tPath & quote && "-h" into tCommand
   set the hideConsoleWindows to true
   put shell (tCommand) into theError

I get no error, but the file remains visible. The command doesn't work
from the DOS prompt either.

I tried replacing -h with +h as Dar suggested, but this just results in a dimmed icon, the file can still be opened. Other suggestions? And how do we make it visible again?

Actually it *is* invisible, but you have your Windows preference set to show
invisible files (they are shown as dimmed). To set it visible again, use -h.
Basically +h means "add 'hidden' attribute" and -h means "remove 'hidden'
attribute".

Thanks for the clarification. In Control Panel --> Folder Options --> View --Hidden files and folders, the option Show hidden files and folders was actually checked.

Signe Marie