Signe Marie Sanne skrev:

sims skrev:

I need to play video on both OS X and Windows machines which will
for the most part be business computers - corporate office machines.

The Mac part I can figure out and will be able to use QuickTime.

Some PC machines will not have QuickTime installed and will not want
to install QT. I need some advice on what format/codec to use for
these non-QT machines.

Hello Sims
Just mail me off the list if you would like to get a small stack showing how to play mpeg files with mciSendString. Any others are also welcome to do the same. The stack is not fully overhauled to go RevOnLine, but it contains the necessary scripts to get started.

I just uploaded the stack "mciMpegVideo" to RevOnLine. It can be found either in User spaces under "sms", or under Programming. If anyone finds out how to avoid flickering in closeVideo, I would be grateful to get the scripts.

--
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis/Senior lecturer
Romansk institutt                       Tlf.    +47 55 58 21 27
Řisteins gt. 1                          Epost:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Universitetet i Bergen

        http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/Info/sms.html