Thanks for the reply Jacque,

The issue is that the keystrokes *are* passed to my application even when
Rev is *not* in front BUT this only occurs on OS X. I need to be able to count
keystrokes on Windows machines also. [This is for an application which provides
therapy and prevention for musculoskeletal problems caused by sitting at the
computer and working for too many hours without a break. ]

On the PC side I have only tested on XP (two different machines so far, thanks Klaus)
and the script shown below is only working on Macs right now. I need to count keystrokes
on PCs also.

ciao,
sims