Kurt Kaufman wrote:
I'm actually concerned about two things here.
The first is that the single (standalone) stack being used now contains about 900 record cards, and is about 13 MB in size. I'm concerned that it might gradually become unwieldy during saves. It already takes an unacceptable amount of time to save over the Windows network.\

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but lately I've been using tab-delimited text for the sorts of things I used to use cards for. I maintain a one-card window for display, pouring data into the fields as needed, but the data itself is maintained as just straight text. Fast, flexible, and about as small as it can be....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation