On 6/5/05 7:34 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

My guess is you could be thinking of WebStar (http://www.4d.com/ products/webstar.html).

Right. It had been so long I couldn't remember the name.

And per Robert's note, I did mean "AppleEvents", not "AppleScript". Blech, I should give up tonight. ;)

Dan

On Jun 5, 2005, at 4:51 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

On 6/5/05 11:01 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Jacque,
>
> do you remember any MacOS Classic webserver that is able to run Rev
> CGIs? I am trying to remember here but nothing comes to mind.... The
> only thing I remember is that you can glue WebServer + Applescript
> middleware + Revolution app.

Right, that is all I remember too. I worked with Apple's web server software and HyperCard and Mac OS 7.5 to create an online database for a school district many years ago. And yes, we needed to use AppleScript to communicate between the server and HyperCard as a CGI. HyperCard then formulated HTML pages and sent those back to the server.

Rev could work the same way, I imagine. I haven't written any server implementations for OS 9 for many years though.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]