Robert Brenstein wrote:

If the command select or focus on is run from and open fld or in the message box then the selection just flashes for a second. If it is run from a button on the card then it works as expected. version 2.6 - what am I doing wrong?

Bill Humphrey wrote:

Just what you found out: you are selecting at wrong time. Whatever occurs after you made the selection shifts the focus causing the selection to be unselected.

I would not have expected a simple "on open field" to have something else happen after that changes the focus. I wonder what it is so I can stop it?