On Jul 15, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Glen Bojsza wrote:

Happy Friday.

Has anyone worked with ZMODEM protocol in Rev? I need to upload and
download files from a telco blackbox that I am connected to via a
telnet session.

The "box's" command that I want to support is:

copy masterfile-conf zmodem:

well, don't really needed the answer for my previous email. I think the fastest way to use ZModem with Rev is using the same tecnique used by BBS back in the good old days. Use a shell program.

If you're lucky to be on windows (argh, never thought I'd say that), you have tons of command line tools to do Z/X/YModem and Kermit. You would just use shell() to launch the program, that was the way that old BBS coped with file transfers. Altough some have builtin X and Zmodem.

if you're on unixland you also have some tools available.

The wonderfull BBS Documentary site got all those tools for download...

Cheers
andre

If you use windows Hyperterminal to telnet in there is support for the
zmodem protocol and the command copies the file from the box to the
Hyperterminal folder.

But I would like to use Rev as the Telnet client and everything else
works fine other than the ability to support the copy command.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks,