You shouldn't need a "start" before an EXE in Windows. If you specify an EXE file name, Windows just runs the program. "Start" is for when all you know is a document name, and you want Windows to go find the associated EXE for you.

I've never seen anyone successfully use an underscore to replace a space. Standard Windows procedure is to put the file name (complete with spaces) in double quotes.

:)

Jon

Klaus Major wrote:

Hi Scott,

I have been using the go shell command to open up distant files deep in the Windows filing architecture, but having problems getting past the folder "program files"

Seems I can't get past a folder with two words, eg. Program Files

go shell ("start c:/program_files/appz_folder/mainframe.exe")

doesn't get me there, but
go shell ("start c:/appfolder/mainframe.exe")

works

how do I rewrite the file location so runrev understand the location of the file?

very strange that it works at all ;-)

Try:

GET shell ("start c:\program_files\appz_folder\mainframe.exe")
if the result <> empty then
    ## NO xuccess
   ## do your error thing...
end if

"shell" on windows needs the BACKslash for pathnames.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]