Alex Tweedly wrote:

<snip>

2. Unless you need to for some reason I don't see here, don't mess around with date & time.

What I'm trying to do is find a way to express "more than 60 minutes after the most recent time/date stamp" in such a way that it will not fail across noon/midnight boundaries. In Delphi, all times are just expressed as floating point numbers, where each day is "1", 12 hours is "0.5", etc, so all of these calculations are dead triviall in that situation. I'm confused by all of the various ways that Dates can be used and Times can be used. I'm not sure if these two concepts are separate or united in some way. The Convert routine gives some clues, but I could not find a discussion on Time/Date, which is really what I'm trying to use/do.

"if the seconds > nextFTPTime then"

Ah. More puns. So "the seconds" means something different than "seconds". I guess "the seconds" is what I was looking for all along. Difficult to spot, since it is more or less a time/date concept masquerading as a time. But, that said, this simplifies things considerably.

Thanks!  Learning about "the seconds" was very helpful!

:)

Jon