In a message dated 8/19/05 10:15:10 AM,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:13:40 -0400
>From: Jon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: resolution of Time in Rev
>To: Revolution List <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>
>
>I'm trying to schedule something to happen some time in the future.  Due
>to some other complexities, I cannot just do a
>send "mouseUp" to me in 1000 seconds
>
>Rather, I have to wake up every 10 seconds and figure out whether it is
>time to do the processing or not.  The current code is presented below.
>
>The interesting thing is that, despite the claim that Rev times are in
>seconds, and even in milliseconds, the values I'm seeing are in
>increments of 60 seconds.  I flagged a line in the code below.  Rather
>than seeing "60" and then "50" and then "40", etc, I instead see "60" 6
>times and then "0".  Am I doing something wrong?  Or, rather, what am I
>doing wrong?
   One: You're using "the time", which only provides hour and minute. What
you want is "the long time", which provides hour, minute, and second.
   Two: You're using item 5 of the dateItems, which is the minutes. Item 6 of
the dateItems is the seconds, which is what you want.
   There's other stuff I have questions about, but the preceding two points
*will* mess you up, and the stuff I've got questions about is prolly just
differences in coding style, so there's no point in me asking. Hope this
helps...