MisterX wrote:

if they can understand ajax or ruby on rails, and they can understand rev,
im sure they can understand TAOO! And I do think I try to exemplify what I
say to avoid this. Should I mention also it does pie charts and how good
that is for your business like a certain office type of line of products? Im
sure we all see that possible.

Xavier,

The big reason for the fuss over AJAX or Ruby on Rails is because they have been used to do something rarely if ever seen before. That is: building applications within a single web page. The success of these applications are what DRIVE developers to spend the time to UNDERSTAND these 'platforms.'

And here's why.

When I (or developers in general) look at an AJAX app, be it GMAIL, or WRITELY, or other, I think to myself, "hmmm, there's a commercial opportunity here." IOW, these apps have proven it's possible, now how can I use this to solve my customer's problems? The fact is, much of the hard trailblazing work has been done, and the proof is in the commercial deployment (mostly bugfree!) application.

To date, no such animal exists for TAOO, thus IMO, you'll find it most difficult to engage others.

I agree with Dennis, most of us already 'know' our own best way to program Rev. I doubt you'll find Ken Ray or Richard Gaskin looking for new architectures to base their projects on. In fact, they probably have (as I do) bunches of libraries which are interchangeable from project to project. We don't call them TAOO, but in fact they do provide a 'code once, use everywhere' function for us. In fact, these libraries are often so personal in style and structure, we don't share them...not because we're stingy, but because it would take too much time to prepare them for ubiquitous use by others. Just ask Ken how much time he has in his XML parsing library!

Unfortunately, your sense of GUI design, while most colorful, does create a bit of confusion for your 'testers.' I might suggest you consider finding anothers style and copying it-- TAOO will be more manageable, approachable and clearer with clean design.

You see, (unlike my understanding of Judy's posts) it's very difficult to separate form from function. Good designers know this. In fact, many would argue form is function and vice versa. So, consider the form of your demos, as well as the function. In fact, I encourage you to consider the 'form' of TAOO as well. Up to now, there has been little form outside of hyperbole and platitudes. Well designed products, even middleware, have form to them.

Best wishes to you and TAOO,

Chipp