On 16 Oct 2005, at 20:06, Mark Wieder wrote:

Funny, I just started down the road of moving my rev version control
over to subversion, too. But I'd happily give that up if you can get
this running in the next month or so.

So your offering to help :)

On 16 Oct 2005, at 20:06, Richard Gaskin wrote:

I just don't think tools or the lack of tools are holding up any serious open source efforts. I think the problem lies elsewhere.

If we assume a priori that the problem is a lack of tools we may overlook the actual root cause....

While I agree with you, treating the problem is not always the most effective strategy. The problem in this case is largely the advantage of Rev - it is a fabulous DIY tool. So not such a reason to cooperate, and the tool itself generates many effective individualistic strategies for rapid development. Marrying them is a sociological nightmare :)

So why not go with the flow - horses for courses? Is there a way of combining "Magic Carpet" with the interest to develop an SVN / CVS integration into the Rev environment?