On 19 Oct 2005, at 21:22, Chipp Walters wrote:

I'm working on a multi-card wizard and came across this and wanted to mention a peculiar behavior and see if people thing it's correct.

I create a shared background group over a few cards.

I put in it:

on preOpenCard
  beep
end preOpenCard

It only gets called on the first card where the group is encountered, and none thereafter. IOW, it appears the preOpenCard message is not sent to a background group except for the first time it's encountered. If I go to a card which doens't have the bgGroup, then back to one that has it, the preOpenCard handler gets called again.

It beeps here when I go to any card where the group is placed, even between card that both have the group. (this is Rev 2.6.1 on OS X)

Do you have the backgroundBehavior property set?

However, if I set backgroundBehavior to false, it doesn't beep at all, which is what I would expect. Your "beep one time only" sounds like what should happen from a preOpenBackground handler.

Do you have any other preOpenCard handlers anywhere that might block this? (in card scripts, or other backgrounds)

Cheers
Dave