Message: 19
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 18:17:02 -0800
From: Richard Gaskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Slightly OT?] Why It's Hard to Explain Rev
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

Judy Perry wrote:
 > And, when I recently mentioned it to Chris Crawford of 'The Art of
 Computer Game Design,' he said that he only wished that he'd heard of Rev
 before wading neck-deep into Java.

You know the great Chris Crawford?!  He's a god. Loved Siboot -- nothing
like it at the time.

He spoke at a game developer gathering here in LA many years ago -- yep,
he brought his legendary whip to punctuate key points in his talk. :)

Great guy.  He's done so much for the gaming community (not to mention
the Mac community), but in this era of 3D fetishism it doesn't seem his
contributions are as widely acknowleded as deserved.

Tell him it's never too late to start with Rev -- next time I'm up his
way I'd even donate a day of "Rev as a second language" orientation just
for the chance to talk with him a spell.

-

Richard and Judy,

I suspect this is the same Chris Crawford that was a physics major at UC Davis many years back. I never had him as a student but he was legendary among his classmates. Always had a stuffed animal under his arm--a green frog, as I recall. Very bright, very eccentric.

Jim