I finally figured out where I got the original code which I quoted in my message http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-November/ 069934.html
-- it was written by Klaus and posted on Ken's SoT site:
        http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/fld003.htm

On Nov 13, 2005, at 3:03 PM, MisterX wrote:

Here's a few more cool functions which windows implements which are not
impractical when the case applies...

If I keep pressing the same letter (since the start of filling the word), the line keeps going down until it reaches the last occurrence of the lines
starting with that letter, then it starts back at the first line.

Yes that would be handy (but not compatible with the full incremental search)

The second one, if applicable, it jumps to the line starting with the next
best
choice before the missing line... That way you see it's missing.

That's the one I'm finding elusive

Beeping is annoying... I'd rather have the hilite flash or something
quiet...

Yes, nothing I build beeps.

Is 3 seconds too much? Should the lastuserkeys should be wiped if we press
deletekey or esc?

I played around with it. I can easily get used to 2 seconds or even 1, and then it's handier in case of mistypes. But that's assuming you *know* about the delay. For the real world, 3 seconds seems to work as a good compromise.