Frank.....

Can you give us an example or two of where this pricing is common among development tools? I see feature-crippled and time-limited evaluation licensing all the time, but I can't honestly think of a single development tool that has a free learning edition that you upgrade to so you can deploy apps.

Latest release of CodeWarrior has gone that route: their product is free for hobbysts and one buys it to distribute products. But I see this as their exit strategy.

Robert