Richard Gaskin wrote:

Alex Tweedly wrote:

.

It's in "Stacks" as "4W UmbrellaMan"

Duh. Sorry - my eyes must be going .... I looked and looked - but just missed it.

btw - each time I use GoRevNet, it downloads the 137Kb stack.
Is it supposed to do that ?
How do I stop it ?

(Actually, I should be more precise - each time I start up Rev, GoRevNet will download the stack. If I select menu Development / Plugins / GoRevNet multiple times within the same Rev session, only the first such use downloads the stack, subsequent ones start up instantly. But if quit the IDE and restart it, next GoRevNet does another download.)

Yes, as with any downloaded stack RevNet stays in memory only during the current session.

I could maintain a local cache to avoid the 3-second download (I'm assuming yours isn't much longer, as I have the crappiest Airport connection of anyone I know <g>), and we might be able to use the cache for other things as well.

3 seconds ?
For me it averages about 1 minute. The crappiest Airport connection is much better than a dial-up out in the boonies.

If you favor a cache, where would you prefer to see it stored?

In the plugins directory ?
Or maybe a user option ?
I'm pretty unaware of the various specialFolders and how they tend to get used, so not the right one to answer that.