Thanks for your reply Jacgueline,

When I put the "grab" command as the last thing the feld is going nowhere (I can't grab it). The script works for me as well but want I want is a single mouseclick to unlock the cursor. With this script I need to doubleclick tomake it happen. And that's to difficult for the children I work with.

So can anyone help? Please.. : - )

TIA,

William de Smet (Mac OSX 10.4.3 and RR 2.6)

Op 19-dec-2005, om 4:53 heeft J. Landman Gay het volgende geschreven:

William de Smet wrote:
Hi there,
For my first app I am looking for a function where a field would stick to the mouseloc after a mouseclick and on the next mouseclick to let the field go (I work with disabled children so need to make it as easy as possible!) By accident (after playing with dragEnter) I got what I want but a little thing still bothers me: with the script I got so far I need to doubleclick to let the field go and put it in place. What I want is a singleclick to make this happen.
What do I need to do ?
Below the script I use:
Stackscript:
on dragEnter
end dragEnter
Fieldscript:
on mouseDown
  grab me
  set the layer of me to 100
  set cursor to 28
  lock cursor
  set the dragdata["text"] to the short name of the target
end mouseDown
on mouseup
  unlock cursor
  set cursor to arrow
end mouseup

This seems to work okay for me (Mac OS X), but if you are having trouble try putting the "grab" command as the last thing in your mousedown handler. That way everything in the handler will have already executed before the grab command takes over control of the mouse.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]