Apropos of this long (and very interesting) public conversation with Jerry Daniels - I was in it at the beginning but have now been swallowed whole by a family Christmas... however, in the discussion as to how to refer to a calling script I didn't see an idea close to my heart, which is a reliable visual indication of where we left the calling script: in the RR debugger this is supposed to be shown by the position of the cursor but this is not at all reliable IME. I am very much less interested in a 'narrative' style reference, particularly if it involves an (inaccessible) line number and a (to me) very awkward character count along the line, than just being able to eyeball the place the execution came from. As you can see, for me at least, the idea of using this kind of information in a script does not really figure, and I suspect quite a few others may feel the same.

Just my 2 Eurocents.

Back to the fray

Graham