One thing you can do in some situations is to put the parts of a long string into custom properties (or even just local variables, I suppose), concatenate them into another variable using "&", and send the result off to (for instance) the SQL db. I sometimes build long queries this way, especially if long bits of text will always be the same but I need to include the current contents of a variable here and there.

Charles

On Jan 2, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Jeff Honken wrote:

Jim,
  Thanks for the response.  I'm trying to create a script that will
recreate my database.  I need to create multiple tables and allot of
inserts.  Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Ault
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 1:42 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: SQL Statement on Multiple Lines

two lines it dies.  I've tried using the / with no luck.
The correct character is "\"

Not sure what you are doing specifically, but remember, the "\" cannot
be
used to split a string:
NO:
put "the lazy brown dog jumped \
and bit the mailman" into neverHappened

Yes, even in the multi-line message box:
put " the lazy mailman bit " & \
"the brown dog" into newsAtSix

Jim Ault
Las Vegas