On Jan 3, 2006, at 7:29 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

dot-file removal is one of my standard steps when creating a cross- platform CD. From what little I can tell, I assume those files are probably Mac resource forks that only show up on a platform that doesn't understand them (Windows). Is that the way you guys understand them?

Not (as I understand it) resource forks (which have to do with files; do we even still have them in OSX??), but artifacts of the Darwin filesystem.

Charles