On 17 Feb 2006, at 11:48, sims wrote:

At 12:46 PM +0100 2/17/06, Klaus Major wrote:

I have an OS X app which uses an external, it collects data and all runs fine. If that computer is set to 'sleep', upon wakeup the external is not collecting that data. If I then physically use the mouse to click a btn to stop & restart that external it works fine (external collects data properly) If I use a send "mouseUp" to that btn it does not work the same as when I physically click with the mouse
(the external does not collect data)
I have tried all sorts of 'send in X seconds' and still no happiness. Is it possible that sending a 'mouseUp' to a btn is different than an actual mouse click?
Any suggestions?

you could try

click at the loc of btn "the one that wants to be touched physically"

Maybe that will work...(?)

Tried that, doesn't work. Flowers & chocolates have no effect either ;-)

Sounds like you're clicking the wrong buttons.

Dave