At 3:08 PM +0000 3/3/06, Runtime Revolution Ltd wrote:

We wrote to you previously to let you know that with the release of
2.7, Runtime Revolution is no longer selling Dreamcard to new
customers.

Derrr... Sorry, I just don't get it. Three possibilities occur to me.

--the Product Previously Known as Dreamcard is getting a new name and a makeover.

--There is going to be some change in the upgrade path, so that Dreamcard users are going to have to purchase new licenses at some point.

--Runtime Revolution has decided not to sell the stripped down version of their flagship product anymore, so Dreamcard is being discontinued. Users who want to continue playing will have to upgrade to Revolution Studio.

The website seems to suggest the latter interpretation. But then again, it seems possible that Dreamcard has been renamed "Revolution Media."

I'm wondering if RR has decided to abandon the nonprofessional self-taught end users like me -- the kind of people who taught themselves hyperCard 20 years ago. Maybe there are too few of us to make the product commercially viable.

Anyway, somebody please clue me.

Tim