On Mar 31, 2006, at 8:59 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

If all else fails, you can always declare a local script variable to hold the array and then just use that. No passing of anything required. Or you could try passing the variable by reference (add an @ sign in front of the parameter) which seems like it should work but I haven't tried it.

I think both would probably work but the issue at the moment is that I did not write the library that is creating the original array and that eventually expects me to pass an array back. The author had no reason to know that the output from their function creating the array would be passed back to the other handler as there is no necessary connection between the two and I don't want to mess with the library code myself mostly because I'm being pedantic.

What definitely works is to copy the array myself, element by element, to a local variable and then pass that back to the library. This works fine in this limited situation because the number of entries in these "arrays" (I hate the name; in this context, they are really a dictionary or a hash) is limited and is predetermined so doing the extra copying works fine.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"