???

Jerry Daniels wrote:
Chipp,

Sorry i'm late with this comment, but I said "the textStyle of the clickChunk" or clickCharChunk. If you've used clickCharChunk earlier in the handler, i believe you have to use something like mouseCharChunk or mouseChunk.

Not sure I understand.

The clickCharChunk only returns the position of the character clicked whereas the clickText returns the word, or in case of linked text, the WORDS clicked on.

So, it makes it really easy to contstruct switch statements, as all you need to check for is the entire group of words in the linkedText.

The code below, when inserted in the script of a locked field, works fine (at least on WinXP, and I assume on Mac OSX).

-Chipp

on mouseDown
  if the textstyle of the clickText is "link" then
    --> DO LINKCLICKED STUFF HERE
    answer the linkText of the clickText
  end if
end mouseDown