Hi Dave,

Then myStackName is set to "Untitled 1" and so it finds it ok in the list returned by openStacks.

Do you get the same results? I'm running RunRev 2.6.6 MacOS 10.4.6

That's what I would expect after reading Rev Dictionary:

The long id of an object includes information about its owner (and about the owner of that object, and so forth). For example, suppose a stack named “My Stack” contains a card whose ID is 11. This card has a group whose ID is 28, which in turn contains a button whose ID is 34. The card also has a card field whose ID is 46. If "My Stack" is a main stack and it’s in a file whose path is “/Drive/Folder/Stack.rev”, the long IDs of these objects look like this:
        • The stack: stack "/Drive/Folder/Stack.rev"
<<

Note that it is the stack's fileName, not short name, that is returned.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company