Lynn Fredricks wrote:
If anyone has experience with setting up Rev as a CGI with hosts and can
document how to do it in a way that Phil did with Dreamhost, it would be
great if you could post it to the CGI forum. Id like to get a couple of
polished versions up, that we can "sticky".

I noticed you didn't put my post which is the namesake of this thread there, but that's probably just as well as we probably don't really want a hundred "sticky" threads up there for all possible hosting services.

It's a two-stepper on any server that's configured properly: upload the file, set the permissions.

Making a separate "sticky" thread for every hosting service might give folks the impression that it's more complicated than it is. It might also create the misunderstanding that if their host isn't listed there then Rev won't run on it.

The beauty of Jacque's tutorial is that it covers all that and more, in one simple easy read.

I just posted a note there about her tutorial, and hopefully when others see how complete it is they'll move beyond the perceived benefit of a hundred other "sticky" threads replicating a subset of that info for each host.

Keep simple things simple....

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal