On May 5, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Devin Asay wrote:

I am writing an app with button labels in a non-Latin script (Cyrillic). Under certain conditions I need to change the label of these buttons. To do so I store the unicode text of the different label names in custom properties. But I just discovered that the byte order is swapped between Win and Mac (okay, I'm slow.) I can just store custom props with the different label variants for both mac and win, but that would be an inelegant kludge. Is there a way to reverse the byte order of unicode strings in Rev?

You might want to vote for enhancement 2825 that adds UTF-16BE and UTF-16LE to the uniEncode and uniDecode options. This would allow you to store your favorite, say UTF-16BE, in your properties and then convert to host-order UTF-16 for unicodeText. This might be a bit faster than storing UTF-8 in the property and then converting.

Dar