On May 13, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Glen Bojsza wrote:

I was wondering if anybody has used Revolution in a non-Gui environment. I am finding several cases where telecom vendors don't support a windowing
system on their linux products, only the command line. I believe that
Metacard use to be able to run in this type of environment and hope that
revolution would.

I have run Rev as command-line on Windows and have run a command-line version on OS X. I don't know if they will work in a non-GUI environment, I can run them without using any GUI that I know of. I have also run standalones from the command line, but I think they need to have a GUI environment.

There have been some bugs in command-line parsing for Windows. There are workarounds if you don't use quotes. I suspect these bugs do not show up in Linux.

There are some bugs/features in Windows concerning stdin and stdout that limit your use.

Dar