On May 23, 2006, at 9:28 AM, iMed Edition (AF) wrote:

Who can understand why the test1() function will return TRUE and test2() FALSE with the script below?

Yup. Looks like a bug and a serious one. Unless I'm not seeing something.

I checked this out on OS X 10.4.6 with 2.7.1 within 'repeat for each line tLine...'.

Works:

    put base64Decode(item 2 to -1 of tLine) into a[item 1 of tLine]

or
    get item 2 of tLine
    put base64Decode(it) into a[item 1 of tLine]

or

    get item 2 of tLine  -- !!!!!!!!!
    put base64Decode(item 2 of tLine) into a[item 1 of tLine]

Fails:

    put base64Decode(item 2 of tLine) into a[item 1 of tLine]

or

    put tLine into ttLine
    put base64Decode(item 2 of ttLine) into a[item 1 of tLine]

Checking just before does confirm that itemdel is numToChar(9) and the number of items in tLine is 2 and that tLine looks good.

To make this harder 'put item 2 of tLine' just before the decode fixes it, too, so this may be hard to debug.

In failure only three characters seem to decoded, except for line 35.

Dar Scott