On Jul 1, 2006, at 1:29 PM, James Spencer wrote:

Thank you Trevor. That is exactly what I was trying to do. Am I correct then that the default installation permits access to Valentina databases (with the 10 minute timeout) only through the rev database library (or through a third party library such as yours) in the absence of the Valentina XCMD?

That is correct. You have to download the Valentina XCMD separately. For Valentina 1 I recommend using the Valentina external directly and bypassing RevDB. With RevDB you can't use encryption and a lot of other fancy Valentina features.

For Valentina 2, Paradigma has created a bridge between the RevDB driver and the Valentina 2 external. You can connect to Valentina 2 using RevDB but then use a function they provide to get a reference that can be passed to any of Valentina external functions. This makes experimenting with Valentina easier since you can use RevDB. If you decide you like it, you can then access the extensive Valentina API without having to change any of your connection code.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com