Consider making your own custom control by grouping components and artwork, and making your own custom properties for it - also using setprop and getprop.

Then you can make it do whatever you want.

Maybe there's no easy way to do this but it surprised me a bit: I would like to have a combobox in a background group with what would be its sharedText property set to false, assuming it had a sharedText property. Being a button, it of course does not so I hoped its sharedHilite property would have the same effect but unfortunately no; changing the text in the field portion of button, whether by typing in the box or by selecting a menu choice, changes every card with that background on it.

Does anyone know of an easy way to include a combo box in a background but permitting each card to have a different value. I can simulate it a couple different ways, e.g. storing a custom property with the card on closing and reset it on opening but it seems it should be as easy as it is for regular input text fields.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

--