Taking Dan's reply into consideration, maybe I should rephrase my earlier reply. I meant to say that the engines, compilers and interpreters are copyrighted, not the languages themselves.

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download ErrorLib at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html and get full control of error handling in Revolution.

Op 22-jul-2006, om 20:11 heeft Dan Shafer het volgende geschreven:

IIRC, HyperTalk syntax was not copyrighted. I have a vague recollection of asking Bill A that question at one point and I think that was his answer. There are no copyright notices anywhere that pertain to xTalk syntax that I've been able to find. I know the guys at Spinnaker (and their successor, Format Software GmbH) did not pay Apple or anyone else royalties for use of the language syntax. Doesn't mean Apple couldn't have asked or required it,
though.