Dan Shafer wrote:
Chipp......

Thanks. I can't find that in the docs. Needless to say, it'll be prominently
mentioned in a certain forthcoming ebook.

Sheesh. That's just stupidly unnecessary. File extensions are so last
century.

To be fair, the reason isn't because we are supposed to use file extensions. It's because of naming conflicts. When the standalone builder does its thing, it makes a copy of the mainstack and names it the same name as the original, removing any existing extension first. If the original has no extension to begin with, the stack and the standalone will have the same name. The OS won't let you do that, so the build fails. Adding an extension -- anything, doesn't have to be ".rev" -- allows the original stack to retain a different name than the new standalone.

This is only an issue on Macs, really. Windows files almost always have extensions already.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]