On Jul 23, 2006, at 11:59 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

Only I don't have a source image. I'm making one. :)

That would present a problem using that handler :-)

> By the way, it seems that in 2.7.x that backgroundPatterns can be any > size. There is a note in the What's New.txt file that says this is the > case for graphics but I tried setting the backgroundPattern of a field > to an image that was 405 x 29 and it appeared correctly on OS X. The
> pattern evens scrolls with the field which is cool.  If
> backgroundPatterns behave like this on Windows as well then perhaps
> there is no need to roll your own tiling handler.

Looks like you are making big images. I'm making teeny ones.

The example I used above was larger. I was testing alternating colors in fields after reading about the backgroundPattern limits being removed. The project I was testing that tiling handler on was for a video timeline and uses a small image for tick marks. I need a to repeat a tick marks image (the vertical lines appearing above a timeline) across a timeline of a width determined at runtime. The handler I posted worked well for that but it seems backgroundPattern will do the job nicely and is faster.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com