I disagree completely with the assessment of JavaScript here (from Mr.
Gaskin). Not only do I think JS is a pretty good language -- maybe even a
great one -- and not only does it seem to me to be true that a lot of great
productivity enhancers have been done in and to it, but JS pales in
comparison with Java as a pure productivity drain.

On 9/15/06, Mark Wieder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Richard-

Friday, September 15, 2006, 8:31:31 AM, you wrote:

> I predict that the accident of history that is JavaScript's popularity
> will one day be recognized as the single biggest productivity loss in
> computing history.

I think it would have some competition from the goto statement. Or
when IBM moved the control key from its natural position next to the A
key.

--
-Mark Wieder