Hi Steve -

You can check the QTVersion before starting the player. If the QTVersion = 0.0, QT is not installed.

Phil Davis

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Lately I've been incorporating Quicktime mp4 movies into my Rev standalones. When distributing the standalones to others, I've included the Quicktime Player installer, in case they do not have Quicktime (especially Windows users). If they forget to install Quicktime, the movie instead appears as a blank space. My question is as follows: Is there some way, if the user forgets to install Quicktime, that I can have a message in the blank space indicating that the user should install Quicktime? It would be sort similar to what developers do on a web page when a picture doesn't appear; instead there is text explaining what the subject of the picture is. I tried putting a field over the Quicktime movie area with text in it. However, the blank Quicktime box remains layered over the text. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Steve Goldberg