On Dec 5, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

In general I agree, but from time to time as the language grows I'd be willing to accept some deprecated tokens on a case-by-case basis if a better solution becomes available.

Have you noticed the effective default value for the paintCompression global property was changed some time ago?

To the best of my knowledge this has affected only one person, and it was just a one-liner to restore the old behavior.

And what about the person who said "huh, I thought this worked" and went off to use some other tool without looking into it?

The depreciated and dropped should be publicized and changed in the dictionary.

I have an old, old compiling checking stack someplace that probably would have been affected, though I thought it used try-catch so I may be thinking of something else. Or it didn't really work.

Dar