Actually, Intel is saying it is NOT providing the processor and this article says it is Samsung:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/1/10/6569

At 04:34 PM 1/9/2007, you wrote:

I've got my fingers crossed but if Apple opens up the iPhone to apps other than widgets I will be in heaven. Especially if we can get access to the GPS data to determine where folks are.

--
Trevor DeVore

My guess is that there will have to be a special developer track at the WWDC to cover iPhone applications.

Also the keyboardless capability is interesting in that Apple is probably using the iPhone to open up a whole new category of devices including larger handheld computers that do not have keyboards but have larger screens.

Either way, developing in Rev is the way to go as opposed to using XCode.

Oh yes, I did find out on an article that the iPhone runs on an unknown Intel processor. So that means that we can probably already generate applications for it. http://techdigest.tv/2007/01/apple_iphone_th_1.html

Jesse

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-682-4588