Hello list,

on Mac OSX I try to get the contents of the adressbook;
for each adress there is a xml-file in /Users/..../Library/Caches/ com.apple.AdressBook/Metadata.

The  xml-file starts with
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

My adresses are german ones, so there are "umlauts" like äöü...
If in the adressbook the city is "Hürth" and I read the file contents by
put url("file:/" & xmlfilename) into tdata,
I get "Hürth" instead.

As I don´t know enough about encoding, may you give me a tip, what to do to get the right chars?

Thank you.