Bill Marriott wrote:
I can say that once you figure out what two or three commands you need to use to parse an XML file, it's way faster than using chunk expressions or some other method.

This is really what I ended up doing. I created my own "ripText" function which pulls the data I need, via offsets, provided it follows the XML format's rules. If it doesn't, I throw an error. And since it's standardized (it's the OpenSearch format), any errors generated are the result of the XML author and not my program.

I tried Sarah's stack and was amazed as to how nicely it parses the XML, but I found that incorporating all of the RevXML commands into what should be a simple function was all too complicated (not Sarah's stack, but RevXML itself).

There's a learning curve, and you're right, XML can get quite complicated depending on who's writing it. I mean look at RSS... depending on the version: you could be there for hours. ;)

Thanks to everyone that helped me out.  I really appreciate it!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/