On 22 Jan 2007, at 20:54, Andre Garzia wrote:

I need to check if I can redirect POST requests... If I can't then I'll need to implement a solution like you outlined here at least for POST calls.

Andre, I just looked up the rfc to see if this was the case. This is the intro to the section describing the various redirect responses (301, 302, etc.):

10.3 Redirection 3xx

   This class of status code indicates that further action needs to be
taken by the user agent in order to fulfill the request. The action
   required MAY be carried out by the user agent without interaction
with the user if and only if the method used in the second request is
   GET or HEAD.

So it looks like POST requests can't be redirected, at least not without the browser asking the user for some interaction.

Cheers
Dave