OK - so I've had to force quit.

Now the start-up routing loads some libraries. One of them is the the
original one I "Saved as..." - remember folks at home never do this. On
starting up I get that dreaded dialogue again...

Now what could be wrong with this script?

repeat for each line stackObject in stackObjects
       if exists(stackObject) and word 1 of stackObjects is "stack" then
           if boolean is false then
               stop using stackObject
           else
               start using stackObject
           end if
       end if
end repeat

It cholks on start using stack "libOPN_Menus" and tries to load stack
"libOPN_ExtraMenus" which is the "saved as" stack. The stackfiles knows
nothing about "libOPN_ExtraMenus" and the script is not even trying to lad
that stack...

I'll check the actual stack names and see... but really what should I avoid
doing to stop this happening... saving as is not such a crime is it?