This was the first time I had built a Windows standalone on my new Intel iMac. I am using Rev Studio 2.7.4, Build 291. The standalone contains two cards. The first card shows up fine, and everything operates normally. The "fun" starts when I either try to go to the second card or click the "Close" box to quit.

On my IBM laptop (Windows 2000), when I click a button whose script is simply "Go next", nothing happens for a few moments except that the title bar now shows (2) (for card 2) rather than (1). Then the standalone crashes. The title bar of the error alert says:

9d4: [application name.exe] - Application error

The body of the error alert says:

The instruction at "0x00161100" referenced memory at "0x00050007". The memory could not be "written". (The quotation marks are actually in the alert text).

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Now if I don't try to go to the second card, and simply close the standalone, it crashes with the following error alert:

The title bar of the alert says:

MCdummy: [application name.exe] - Application error

The body of the alert says:

The instruction at "0x77fcc8e3" referenced memory at "0x00565878". The memory could not be "written". (The quotation marks are actually in the alert text).

There has never been any problem like this with my Classic iMac running Rev 2.6.1. I looked through Bugzilla, and could not find anything similar. Has anyone experienced this?

Regards,

Bruce Pokras
Blazing Dawn Software